• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

off-topic Are you a forgiving person?

For threads discussing subjects unrelated to the main forum topics.

Aufscherin

Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ59
Halo of Righteousness
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
I am not and this has only served to make my world colder than it already is. I've tried to forgive in the past but came to realize that I am powerles to do so. The best that I can do is to try and put the perceived or real offense in the back of my mind, but that never works for very long. What ultimtely happens is that my grudge just grows and grows until I am unable to interact with the offending person(s).

Being somewhat antisocial and a loner at heart, removing people from my life is astonishly easy. Two recent examples come to mind. I have decided to abandon my bff friend as she has pissed me off too many times, and I am done with her. Another bff on a social site has been my #1 online friend for 6 months, and the other day I decided to abndon her and the site all together.

I cannot forgive and given the oppurtunity I wll seek revenge if that option becomes available.:devilish:....not good.

I also hold grudges depending on the situation.
I believe that holding a grudge is a waste of time and energy.

I forgive, but don't forget. However, I won't dwell on the situation as that'll make it harder to move on from.

Nevertheless, a grudge can be a good thing though. It could remind you not to ever get yourself in a position where the same thing could happen to you again.

There has to be a balance though.

I've neve forgiven anything in my life. I still bear resentments against my kindergarten teacher. (not kidding) I also hold a grudge against a nurse when I was in the hospital at 5 years old getting my tonsils removed. I hate my grandfather for a spanking that he gave me when I was 3.

It depends on the situation. I'm usually forgiving, but I never forget. Somethings are unforgivable.

I've neve forgiven anything in my life. I still bear resentments against my kindergarten teacher. (not kidding) I also hold a grudge against a nurse when I was in the hospital at 5 years old getting my tonsils removed. I hate my grandfather for a spanking that he gave me when I was 3.
Why dwell on the things that you cannot change? It seems like energy that you can focus on elsewhere in life.
Somethings are unforgivable.
True. I just won't reminisce on the past and take time out of my day to think about it, and let it eat away at me. Unforgivable, but won't spend energy on thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom