• Welcome to RealShit, where Real Discussions happen. Whether it's movies, TV, music, games, or anything else on your mind, RealShit is the place to talk about it. No filters, just honest conversations. Jump in to join the conversation and share what you're thinking.

news Amazon’s Prime Video Is Adding Apple TV+ as a Subscription Add-On

A thread introducing news about upcoming TV shows, series developments, or changes in the entertainment industry.

Cpvr

RealShit Staff
Real Moderator
Reaction score
Shit Coins
Ṩ321
Cherries & Berries
Bolden Your Name
Amazon is expanding its streaming offerings by adding Apple TV+ as a subscription add-on to Prime Video in the U.S. Starting later this month, users can subscribe to Apple TV+ for $9.99 per month through Prime Video, the same price as Apple’s standalone service. This partnership reflects Amazon’s strategy to provide a wide variety of entertainment choices in one convenient platform, with Apple TV+ joining over 100 other add-ons, including Max, Paramount+, Crunchyroll, and MGM+.

Mike Hopkins, SVP of Prime Video and Amazon MGM Studios, emphasized that the integration is designed to enhance the customer experience by allowing users to customize their streaming services within the Prime Video app. Hopkins welcomed Apple TV+ and its critically acclaimed content, such as “Ted Lasso,” “Severance,” and Major League Soccer broadcasts, to Prime Video’s extensive lineup.

The collaboration between Amazon and Apple extends beyond streaming apps. Amazon’s Fire TV already offers an Apple TV+ app, and Apple TV 4K devices support Prime Video. However, this new partnership deepens their business relationship, as Amazon earns a share of revenue from subscriptions purchased through its platform.

At a recent industry event, Hopkins highlighted how the partnership benefits Apple by giving Apple TV+ access to Prime Video’s massive global subscriber base, which surpassed 200 million monthly viewers earlier this year. Although Prime Video still lags behind Netflix in U.S. TV viewership, this new partnership could help boost its market presence.

Apple’s Eddy Cue noted that the deal aligns with Apple’s goal of expanding the reach of its original programming, which includes popular series like “The Morning Show” and upcoming films featuring A-list stars. Prime Video, a core benefit of the Amazon Prime subscription, continues to innovate by offering ad-supported options, exclusive sports content, and original series such as “The Boys” and “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.”

This integration marks a significant step in streamlining entertainment access for users, making Prime Video a more comprehensive streaming hub.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/amazon-prime-video-apple-tv-plus-1236173900/

So, they're essentially reinventing cable TV packages for streaming?

It would be great if they gave 50 cents off or something as I don't really see the value in combining the two as is.

You can already — at least on my TV — search for the movie or show you want and it'll display which service it's on, and if you have a subscription, click and play.

I suppose one bill? Though, you might forget what the total is for without being billed twice, once for Prime and once for Apple TV, thus prolonging the cancelation of one service over the other, which is probably the goal in this deal for Apple.

No doubt! This is a very smart move because adding Apple TV+ is absolutely brilliant. I just enjoy the convenience that comes with having multiple streaming services under one platform. It's so attractive to me.

So, they're essentially reinventing cable TV packages for streaming?

It would be great if they gave 50 cents off or something as I don't really see the value in combining the two as is.

You can already — at least on my TV — search for the movie or show you want and it'll display which service it's on, and if you have a subscription, click and play.

I suppose one bill? Though, you might forget what the total is for without being billed twice, once for Prime and once for Apple TV, thus prolonging the cancelation of one service over the other, which is probably the goal in this deal for Apple.
It seems like they’re reinventing the cable packages. I’m surprised that Apple made this move though, but it’s a good move on their part as their shows will finally be able to get the attention that they deserve. There’s a lot of hidden gems on there.

Back
Top Bottom